Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] OSX-10.3-PPC build error

Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:50:10 +0200
On 6/20/06, Martin Mathieson <martin.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

This is a value that was originally defined in the wiretap module, and
externed in the dissector.
Anders reported that MSVC didn't like it
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ethereal-dev&m=114501864832632&w=2).

Would MSVC maybe be happy if it were declared extern in
wiretap/catapult_dct2000.h ?

NO, AFAIK a dll cannot read symbols from the dll that loads it.

It's ugly but I think it shoud be defined with diferent names in
wiretap and in epan.

Martin