Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] rev 18475: /trunk/ /trunk/aclocal-fallback/: libgcrypt.m4 li

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:58:56 +0200
On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 08:37:12AM +0000, ronnie sahlberg wrote:
> I have libgcrypt installed now but the build still fails.
> It does detect libgcrypt but the linking fails:
>
> [sahlberg@Derek trunk]$ ./configure --disable-gtk2 --without-plugins

> checking for libgnutls-config... no
> checking for libgnutls - version >= 1.0.0... no
> *** The libgnutls-config script installed by LIBGNUTLS could not be found
> *** If LIBGNUTLS was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path, or set the LIBGNUTLS_CONFIG environment variable to the
> *** full path to libgnutls-config.
> echo gnuTLS not found, disabling ssl decryption
> checking for libgcrypt-config... /usr/local/bin/libgcrypt-config
> checking for LIBGCRYPT - version >= 1.1.0... yes
> libgcrypt found, enabling ipsec decryption

> The Wireshark package has been configured with the following options.
>                     Build wireshark : yes
>                        Build tshark : yes
>                      Build capinfos : yes
>                       Build editcap : yes
>                       Build dumpcap : yes
>                      Build mergecap : yes
>                     Build text2pcap : yes
>                       Build idl2wrs : yes
>                       Build randpkt : yes
>                        Build dftest : yes
>
>                      Install setuid : no
>                         Use plugins : no
>                    Build lua plugin : no
>                 Use GTK+ v2 library : no
>                   Use pcap library : yes
>                   Use zlib library : yes
>                   Use pcre library : no
>               Use kerberos library : yes (MIT)
>               Use GNU ADNS library : no
>             Use GNU crypto library : yes
>             Use SSL crypto library : no
>           Use IPv6 name resolution : yes
>      Use UCD SNMP/Net-SNMP library : no
>                 Use gnutls library : no

> gcc -DINET6 "-D_U_=__attribute__((unused))" -Wall -Wpointer-arith -W
> -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2
> -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
> -I/usr/include/pcap -I/usr/local/include -o .libs/wireshark
> capture-pcap-util-unix.o capture_errs.o capture-pcap-util.o
> capture_stop_conditions.o capture_ui_utils.o cfile.o clopts_common.o
> conditions.o disabled_protos.o packet-range.o print.o ps.o pcapio.o
> ringbuffer.o timestats.o util.o version_info.o alert_box.o capture.o
> capture_info.o capture_opts.o capture_sync.o color_filters.o file.o
> fileset.o filters.o g711.o merge.o proto_hier_stats.o
> sync_pipe_write.o summary.o tempfile.o -rdynamic -Wl,-rpath
> -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--export-dynamic  -L/usr/local/lib gtk/libui.a
> wiretap/.libs/libwiretap.so -L/usr/lib epan/.libs/libwireshark.so
> -lpcap -L/usr/X11R6/lib /usr/lib/libgtk.so /usr/lib/libgdk.so
> /usr/lib/libgmodule.so /usr/lib/libglib.so -ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm
> -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lkrb5support -lcom_err -lresolv -lz -Wl,--rpath
> -Wl,/usr/local/lib
> epan/.libs/libwireshark.so: undefined reference to `gcry_md_get_algo_dlen'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Interesting: It's not trying to link in libgcrypt. Can you please
provide me with the following informaiton:
- version of libcrypt
- config.log

As far as disabling it: You are correct, that seems to be impossible at
the moment - I'll add wrappers - in the meantime, just change
configure.in: AM_PATH_LIBGCRYPT(1.1.0, ....
to something that's newer than your libgcrypt (e.g. 3.0.0 has not yet been
released).

Thanks for the report!

 Joerg