Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] ber length validation in packet-ber.c removed

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:55:32 +0000
list,

i just checked in a fix to make ldap and ldap+sasl reassembly to work again.

at the same time i also removed the recent ber length validation
preference (which defaulted to ENABLED)
since this check broke all ber based protocols where the pdu spanned
several segments or ip fragments and marked them as malformed packets.

if we need a ber length validation check inside packet-ber    we need
to reimplement it to be aware of the fact that pdus can span multiple
packets.

do we really need this kind of validation in packet-ber?