Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Source, Destination, Protocol, Info columns values missing.

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 07:14:22 +0200

Guy Harris wrote:

On Jun 9, 2006, at 8:11 PM, Ravi Kondamuru wrote:

Thanks a lot. That was precisely the issue. I was setting all
columns and calling subdissector inside if (tree) {...}.

Has this behavior changed between revisions 18189 of Ethereal and
18418 of Wiretap? As explained in my original problem description,
the above code works in the ethereal code base.

Has the requirement that subdissectors be called regardless of
whether "tree" is null or not changed?  No - that's been the case for
a long time, and dissectors calling subdissectors only when "tree" is
not null have had problems in Ethereal for a long time.

Was there a problem causing dissectors to be called with a non-null
"tree" argument even when the protocol tree wasn't required, and was
that problem fixed between revisions 18189 and 18418?  Possibly - I
don't know, but I think some problems of that sort might have been
fixed.

Or could the reason why Ravi got it to work with Ethereal have been that he had some color-filters defined when using Ethereal, but maybe Wiretap looked in another directory for the colorfilters file.