Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] ManageSoft LDSS plugin submission

From: Vasantha Crabb <vasantha.crabb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 11:41:06 +1000
This is a message that I previously posted to the ethereal-dev list, however, since Ethereal is dead, I thought it might be worth re-posting here.

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for all the work all of you have put into Ethereal. It's an invaluable tool for analysing network traffic, and it's helped me time and time again.

I'd like to submit a plugin for dissecting the Local Download Sharing Service (LDSS) protocol, used by ManageSoft 7.8 clients in peer-to-peer mode. ManageSoft 7.8 is due to be released in the next quarter, and we would appreciate it if administrators and users were able to dissect the traffic to assist with troubleshooting. LDSS has been assigned port 6087 by the IANA.

The source code for the plugin is attached to this message. The code has been successfully tested with the latest Ethereal on Windows/x86/MSVC and Mac OS X/PPC/GCC.

Once again, thanks for everything.

Vasantha Crabb
ManageSoft Corporation

vasantha.crabb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx