Wireshark-announce: [Wireshark-announce] End of Life Announcement for Wireshark 1.2

From: Wireshark announcements <wireshark-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 16:21:17 -0700
[ Note: This announcement should have been sent out in June. My
apologies for the delay. ]

Wireshark 1.2.0 was released on June 15, 2009. The 1.2.x series was the
last to support Windows 2000. This support period ended on June 30,
2011. If you are still running Wireshark 1.2 or earlier (including all
versions of Ethereal) you are encouraged to upgrade to Wireshark 1.6.

This announcement only affects the 1.2.x branch. Wireshark 1.6 will be
supported until June 6, 2013 and Wireshark 1.4 will be supported until
August 30, 2012.

For more information on Wireshark's release life cycle and policy,
please refer to the following pages on the wiki:

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/LifeCycle
http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/ReleasePolicy