Smb2-protocol: [Smb2-protocol] query path info

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 23:59:32 +0000
looking at smb2 traces it is amazing how often a client first opens a
file just to immediately afterwards just close it again.

comparing protocol sequences between smb1 and smb2   it appears in
many of these places  these Cpen-and-immediately-close the file
occurs when smb1 would usually perform a QueryPathInfo call.

suddenly making a qpi take two roundtrips instead of one.

the vendors that produce cifs-wan-accellerators are sure going to love smb2.

(were smb2 not supposed to reduce the number of roundtrips?)