Smb2-protocol: [Smb2-protocol] Re: Break response

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:58:23 +0000
It is also interesting in your captyure that buffercode is 0x18
indicating the pdu ends immediately after the end of the fid.

what are those trailing 24 bytes then?    padding,   a bug in vista
or  data from a chained command(unlikely)?

that would leave the 6 bytes between buffer code and fid to hold the
possible field/flags  to specify:
Client holds no oplock (real break)
Client holds level 2 oplock (downgrade)

Can a client issue a Break request   to deliberately release an oplock?