Smb2-protocol: [Smb2-protocol] Re: TID per UID

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:25:22 +0000
checked in.

sorry for the delay but i have been "distracted" lately.

Would you have captures in any of the two areas:
1,   quota,   setting it and viewing it in properties.
SMB used a trans2 sublevel to implement it   but as far as we know
trans/trans2/nt-trans are all gone     and i know of no getinfo level
that reports the quota stuff it would be interesting to see how they
do it in smb2.
my bet right now would be ioctl.

2,  a real kerberized smb2 domaincontroller.   i strongly belive there
will be in vista or later major extension blobs for putting a real
certificate in there instead of just a pac.
they are very insistent and urgent in finalizing the new pkinit standard.
i expect to see in there a full x509 cert with proprietrary extensions
one of which will contain the account data and replace the pac.
i also expect to see this as a mean to remove the need for cross realm
referrals and other extensions inside the certificate to specify
authorization data.

i would really really want to see what they stuff inside their x509
certs in pkinit.

(this will be the third pkinit version that will be widely deployed.
prevoius ones are packetcable and w2k when using those access cards
both of which use different pre rfc drafts and where ethereal only
decodes  packetcable)