Smb2-protocol: [Smb2-protocol] Re: TID's are per UID

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:12:28 +0000
On 12/7/05, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher <metze@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ronnie sahlberg schrieb:
> > thanks   i have updated the wiki
>
> can you also update ethereal,
> it would be also nice to have the user name attached to the UID in the
> SMB2 header.

Hmm   yes it would.
It is semi-tricky to do since the username is stored 3 protocols down
from the smb2 layer
(smb2->gssapi->spnego->ntlmssp)
and we dont want to have dissectors accessing other layers directly.

A small enhancement to the tap api might do the trick and be generic
enough to serve as a vehicle to pass arbitrary data between layers.

let me think about it for a while.