Smb2-protocol: Re: [Smb2-protocol] SMB2 Ioctl updates

Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:38:22 +1100
Ronnie,

 > To do this i would really like some smb ioctl example captures.   (all
 > the ones i found i have are IS_VOLUME_MOUNTED and they dont take any
 > in/out parameters)

There are very few ioctls implemented in Samba. The only one
implemented in Samba3 is the IOCTL_QUERY_JOB_INFO call which retrieves
information on a pending print job. That request returns a 32 byte
block, plus a variable length block (the variable length block
contains the job id, server name and job name).

Samba4 only supports one ioctl, the FSCTL_SET_SPARSE call, which takes
no extra data and returns no extra data.

Note that in SMB, the FSCTL_SET_SPARSE and IOCTL_QUERY_JOB_INFO calls
are not made via the same ioctl interface. In SMB there are several
ioctl interfaces. In particular:

 - SMBioctl (SMB command 0x27)
 - trans2 ioctl (trans2 op 0x0a)
 - trans2 fsctl (trans2 op 0x09)