Smb2-protocol: [Smb2-protocol] Re: a first look at SMB2

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 02:30:47 +0000
Bytes 12-15 after the FID in the request is the maximum in size.
Telling the server that the DataIn can not be bigger than this.

See attached capture where the client first probes what size to use by
specifying 0x16  and then in the truncated response it sees how big
the in buffer needs to be
and the client reissues it with a bigger max size.

These commands are for the "" file/share
and 64.40.14.00

The response payload looks like
(12 byte header)
4 byte unknown
4 byte number of returned strings
4 byte offset from after the header til the 4 byte status code

sequence of null terminated unicode strings

4 byte status code of some sort