Smb2-protocol: Re: [Smb2-protocol] a first look at SMB2

From: "Stefan (metze) Metzmacher" <metze@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:39:50 +0100
Stefan (metze) Metzmacher schrieb:
tridge@xxxxxxxxx schrieb:
I thought the following might be useful for people interested in the
changes in SMB2 as compared to SMB.
Fewer Commands
--------------

The number of top level commands has been greatly reduced, and is down
to 18 opcodes. Where SMB had a pile of different ways for doing
something, SMB2 has just one, which is a nice change. The commands
that we have found in SMB2 are

NEGPROT   0x00
SESSSETUP 0x01
unknown   0x02

mount?    0x0B
I saw this, directly after a DCERPC bind (which was done with write/read)
I assume this is a call the passes data, and gets data as a result, so
this seems to the missing call that make rpc calls faster without out the write/read overhead.

btw: that was in ronnies look_at_the_acl.cap and the netshareenum2.cap

--
metze

Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org> www.samba.org