Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] FW: IP Header Checksum 0x0000

From: "chad scoville" <chad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:56:25 +0000

hi,

if all three packets are from the same source, it looks like there is no 3way handshake
the source keeps sending a SYN to the destination - the destination should be replying with a SYN to establish the TCP connection before data transmission can begin

I would sniff the cxn to the destination server and see if (1) the syn is received from your source, and (2) if it is, then if a SYN/ACK is sent by the destination back to your source.

somewhere along the path between src and dest there are pkts being dropped it appears

again, unless you have a syn, syn, ack then there is no data transmitted when utilizing TCP as a layer 4 protocol