Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Help with Ethereal

From: "Andreas Nilsson - Brantholm" <napandee@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:00:45 +0200

Hello!

Im totaly new to this Ethereal thing and ive been googling and searching for some help but i cant seem to find a sulution.

Im trying to sniff the data on my home LAN but when i go the the Capture options i just find my own network card (this card is not a wireless!) and i only see the data that my card requests and is being sent to me.

Now to my question, i want to be able to see all the data from the other computers on my LAN networks data flow somehow, im not sure if ethereal supports that or what. As it is now i can just see my own requests and incoming data. Is there a way to get it to capture all the data from for example my brothers computer requests and incoming? and to sniff on multiple network card at the same time?

I would love to get som answers on this since i have goten this new found intresst for network sniffing :)

Im looking forward to hearing from you! Thx in advance!

//Andreas
Email:Napandee@xxxxxxxxx