Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] install issues ?X

From: Dapo Ladimeji <alani@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 02:08:21 +0100

Hi
I have installed etherealon several windows machines but am getting nowhere on my MAC. This is the error I get:
"Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Sorry, ethereal is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2  not upgraded.
2 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Setting up gtk+2 (2.4.9-1009) ...
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /sw/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0
  Reason: image not found
/sw/sbin/update-gtk-immodules: line 15: 11316 Trace/BPT trap          gtk-query-immodules-2.0 >$TMPFILE
/sw/bin/dpkg: error processing gtk+2 (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 133
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ethereal:
 ethereal depends on gtk+2; however:
  Package gtk+2 is not configured yet.
/sw/bin/dpkg: error processing ethereal (--configure):
 gtk+2
 ethereal
E: Sub-process /sw/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)"
It may be something simple but I have spent several hours  failing to solve it.
thanks
Napata