Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal vs Tethereal performance

From: "Marcio Sousa (BO/EUS)" <marcio.sousa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 20:17:28 -0500

Title: Ethereal vs Tethereal performance

I have noticed that in general Tethereal drops more packets than Ethereal.

I did comparisons of performance under same network traffic and I get:

Ethereal: 2 % of  packets dropped (traffic = 2000 packets /sec)

Tethereal: 8 ~ 10 % of packets dropped (traffic = 2000 packets /sec)

Is there a reason for that?

Is there a way I could improve the performance of tethereal? (By the way I'm using Linux, so -B option doesn't apply)

Thanks
Márcio