Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] timestamp info

From: "Scimia Fabrizio-AFS102" <fabrizio.scimia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:32:54 +0100
Hi all,

i have the following configuration:

2 pc connected with a cross Ethernet cable and synchronized with NTP. The first pc send packet according to a certain distribution and both computers make a log through ethereal. On the source computer i set a scheduling disciplines with iproute2 package to menage the buffer size.
I would like to know if the timestamp related to each packet captured through ethereal is taken before or after the buffer since i need to calculate the response time for each packet.

Regards,

Fabrizio

______________________________________

Fabrizio Scimia

Global Software Group - IT

Motorola Technology Centre

via Cardinal Massaia, 83

10147 Torino - Italy

› e-mail: fabrizio.scimia@xxxxxxxxxxxx

É phone: +39 011 291 1322

Ê Fax: +39 011 291 2910

Message classification:

(  ) Motorola Confidential Proprietary

(x) Motorola Internal Use Only

(  ) Motorola General Business Information