Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Problems with promiscuous mode for Intel PRO/1000 MT Mobile

From: Jack Jackson <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:59:49 -0700
At 08:20 AM 4/25/2006, Jonathan.Carter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone come across issues with running Ethereal with Windows 2000
and the  Intel PRO/1000 MT Mobile Connection NIC card.

I cannot get the card work in Promiscuous mode.

Using driver version 7.2.17.803.

Have you tried turning OFF promiscuous mode? I don't have your model, but there was a change in the Pro/100 drivers in the last few months. Older drivers needed promiscuous mode on, newer ones need it off.