Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] [U] dhcp OPTIONS filter

From: "Baker Garry L CIV Raytheon 72nd Sig BN IANE" <Garry.Baker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:36:31 +0400
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

I need to create a filter to look for a RAS server running on W2K

“Windows 2000 RAS packets have the string, RRAS.Microsoft, hardcoded into the dhcp-user-class-id field.”

Dhcp-user-class-id is OPTION number 77

I just do not clearly understand the filter syntax in Ethereal to seach for RRAS.Microsoft

Can someone please enlighten me on what this filter might look like? I assume this will be a display _expression_ and cannot be a capture filter…

Thanks..

Garry..

Garry L. Baker
Raytheon - DoD Contractor
Information Assurance Network Engineer
MNC-I Southern Iraq
APO AE 09331
DSN: 318-833-1721

Garry.Baker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Garry.Baker@iraq.centcom.smil.mil

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
If this e-mail is marked FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY it may be exempt from mandatory disclosure under FOIA. DoD 5400.7R, “DoD Freedom of Information Act Program”, DoD Directive 5230.9, “Clearance of DoD Information for Public Release”, and DoD Instruction 5230.29, “Security and Policy Review of DoD Information for Public Release” apply.