Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Arrival time of captured packets

From: "Schulz, Mario (external)" <Mario.Schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:31:14 +0200
Title: Arrival time of captured packets

Hallo

I have tested ethereal for one way delay measurements. Sometimes i get strange values, like negativ delay.

The Clocks of the PC`s are synchronized and so i compare the send and receive time of an frame by capturing on both sides.

But now my question:

Do Ethereal uses the system clock for generate the time information in the capture? If no please tell me which clock ethereal use.

Thanks

Mario Schulz