Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] question about RTP VoIP playback

From: "Lars Ruoff" <Lars.Ruoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:04:48 +0200
> I believe Fluke's product line's are capable of replaying the VoIP exactly
as the user would have heard it (assuming the capture occurred at the right
location)

Really? What exactly the user heard depends on what device the VoIP has been
played.
The only way to exactly reproduce what the user heard is to replay the
stream to the same device.
Using Ethereal and rtpplay you can replay an RTP stream with the same
characteristics as it was captured at the device.
Now all you have to do is make the device accept this stream for playback.