Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Display Filter issues for TCAP and MTP3

From: Andreas Fink <andreas@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:54:11 +0200
Hello,

I'm trying to do a display filter to include a specific TCAP transaction ID which in my example is hex 040F (its displayed like this in the tcap dissector). When I do tcap.id == "040F" it is not being accepted. The dialog to enter this hints me to the fact that only a one byte numerical value is being allowed. this would be wrong as transaction ID's can be one or two bytes.

Similar problem I'm having if I try to filter using mtp3 pointcodes. They are displayed in ITU format X-XXX-X but I cant enter them like this, I must enter them in 14 bit numerical value (which requires external translation by hand).

Are those issues simply bugs or my ignorance of certain options?