Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Analyzing the file

From: Mike <mw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:12:41 -0400
Thanks! I just downloaded it and am building as I speak.

David Meagher wrote:
something link ntop may give you better results
(http://www.ntop.org/overview.html)
it gives nice graphs of usage

On 4/11/06, *Mike* <mw@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mw@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I am trying to use Ethereal to determine who and when people on our
    network are using and/or abusing our bandwidth. I have been able
    to set
    it up to capture traffic, however I am somewhat stumped when it
    comes to
    understanding the data. One thing I would like to do is to track what
    websites people are going to.

    Is there a program or means to process the trace files and display
    who/what/when in a form less cryptic?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Mike

The famous philosopher Rene Descartes walked into a bar.
"Can I get you a drink?", the barman asked.
"I think not," Descartes replied... and instantly disappeared in a puff of smoke.