Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] How can I graph the first 30 seconds of a 2 minute capture

From: david padgett <david_padge@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:08:28 -0700 (PDT)
Please nevermind, it looks like I can filter with the frame, specifically frame.time _expression_ or other related expressions, and get everything I need.

Sorry for the inbox clutter, I am very new at this,

David Padgett

david padgett <david_padge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How can I graph the first 30 seconds of a 2 minute capture file?

I have invoked some display filters to show only packets with one IP destination or another and some things like that, but I have not figured out how to graph just the first 30 seconds of a lengthy trace file.

I figure there must be a way to graph slices in time of long trace files, but I have not been able to figure it out. It does not have to be the first 30 seconds, or the middle 30 seconds, but it needs to be about thirty seconds of traffic, not 120 seconds. It seems like it would be a simple thing to do, but I don't see how to accomplish it yet.

Can you use a display filter that way, or is there a way to acoomplish it?

Thank you,

david_padge@xxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less._______________________________________________
Ethereal-users mailing list