Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Re: Server-Client Discrepancy

From: fonte fonte <fonte_monte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:38:52 -0800 (PST)
Yes. However, I have been comparing results I got before and after I relocated my server and I had never came across hundreds of Out-of-Order and Retransmitted packets when the server was using fix IP in my college. Something to do with the linksys router? The server's capture was fine, I mean it didn't differ from the one I used to get.

LEGO <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Beware that the role SGSN and BTS or RNC play isn't just that of a router!

They actually do stateful inspection, queueing and retransmission.

That means that unless you have an ideal connection (~0dB) on the air
interface won't see the same things in the Gi(CoreNetwork->IP) and in
the R(Mobile->PC) interface.

-- Marshall McLuhan