Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Only Seeing Outgoing Packets

From: "Simon Bradley" <simonbrads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:10:48 +0000
3. If you're using promiscuous mode, are you doing so on Windows?

Yeah, everything's on Windows.

I'm just thinking what other information I could give...

The network card on the (monitor) laptop is a "Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller", which Ethereal lists as "b57w2k10 Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Driver".

I thought, when I tested this briefly last night, that I had seen both outgoing and incoming packets. But I haven't changed anything today, and now I only see the outgoing packets, no matter what I try.

The laptop also has a wireless card, and I've tried with that enabled and disabled; but it doesn't seem to make a difference. This one definitely has me puzzled.

Cheers,

Simon