Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Tcp Retransmission acceptable %

From: Sean Cook <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:20:20 -0600
* tgreaser@xxxxxxxxxxx [2006.01.18 09:21]:
> just for my own info.. what did you do to drop your
> retrans rate from 37% to single digits?

Intrestingly enough, it was a setting unrelated to this. It has to due
with idle timeouts on the GGSN. Essetially, if mobiles were idle for X
time and no packets were delivered or received, then they were
disconnected. Eventually data destined for the mobile would find it's
way back to the network...mobile no longer exists, so it can't respond
to the ack request... retransmit occurs.

Now the mobile is not disconnected, and is still there and when that
data comes in, and it does repspond.

Cheers,
Sean

--
The following statement is not true.  The previous statement is true.