Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] losing control of stop button

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:29:22 +0100
Javier Torres wrote:

Hello,
I have had this issue for some time now. I just upgraded to the latest to see if this issue has been fixed and was hoping someone has run into this and has a workaround. When there is too much traffic coming through I lose control of the application. The only way I can stop capturing is by closing the app. I try stopping by any and all stop buttons, but I get no response from the machine. I had my traffic graph running and the cpu's were only at 68% and I had a ton of memory sitting there.

Did you tried using the "Stop" button in the (usually hidden) capture info dialog?

Regards, ULFL