Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ASN1 Help

From: Ale <stinko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:06:38 +0100
Hi,
I'm a Student of Telecomunications Engineer, I'm working on a project about 3GPP. I need to use some protocol, like NBAP, in ASN1. I have copied the ASN code from the specification doc.
I have some problems to change the code.

My problem is in this part of the spec:

======= NBAP_Containers.asn

NBAP-PROTOCOL-EXTENSION ::= CLASS {
  &id        ProtocolIE-ID         UNIQUE,
  &criticality    Criticality,
  &Extension,
  &presence        Presence
}
WITH SYNTAX {
  ID        &id
  CRITICALITY    &criticality
  EXTENSION    &Extension
  PRESENCE    &presence
}

ProtocolExtensionContainer {NBAP-PROTOCOL-EXTENSION : ExtensionSetParam} ::=
  SEQUENCE (SIZE (1..maxProtocolExtensions)) OF
  ProtocolExtensionField {{ExtensionSetParam}}

ProtocolExtensionField {NBAP-PROTOCOL-EXTENSION : ExtensionSetParam} ::= SEQUENCE {
  id        NBAP-PROTOCOL-EXTENSION.&id    ({ExtensionSetParam}),
criticality NBAP-PROTOCOL-EXTENSION.&criticality ({ExtensionSetParam}{@id}), extensionValue NBAP-PROTOCOL-EXTENSION.&Extension ({ExtensionSetParam}{@id})
}

======= NBAP_IEs.asn

Active-Pattern-Sequence-Information ::= SEQUENCE {
  cMConfigurationChangeCFN                                CFN,
transmission-Gap-Pattern-Sequence-Status Transmission-Gap-Pattern-Sequence-Status-List OPTIONAL, iE-Extensions ProtocolExtensionContainer ({Active-Pattern-Sequence-Information-ExtIEs}) OPTIONAL,
}

Active-Pattern-Sequence-Information-ExtIEs NBAP-PROTOCOL-EXTENSION ::= {
}

The problem seem to be the parameterization. I need to change the code but I don't know how to change without eliminate some functionality of the original code.

There is anyone that have worked with this protocol that can help me?

Thank You
Alessandro Lago