Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Incompatible?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:58:51 +0100
Ethereal user support <ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 09.01.06 15:07:48:

> No, and I used shasum to verify the integrity.
> On debian I read the file, its open about 80 or 90 % and the ethereal hangs up.

Hmmm, if Ethereal hangs up (not responding but still running) it's usually a bug in a protocol dissector.

For many reasons it's not uncommon that bugs appear only on a specific platform, e.g. because byte swapping is (or isn't) done.

You may try to track down the capture file into smaller pieces to isolate the problematic packet(s), you can use editcap to split capture files.

If you've created a capture file of a few hundred KB's which still shows the problem, you may send it to this list (see http://www.ethereal.com/docs/eug_html_chunked/ChIntroHelp.html#id4759059) or file a bugzilla bugreport.

Regards, ULFL