Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Help with the Rules of TCP/IP

Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:23:04 +0000
Hi Folks

Is it Legal to send a TCP segment with the ACK flag set and data in the payload.
I have a malfunctioning application and when it fails I see a continuos TCP
retransmission (5 attempts) of a packet that has an ACK flag only set and a
payload length of 1460 bytes.

Forgive me if I miss understand, but I though you had to have the PSH flag set
to send data? Is there a good document that would explain these rules?

Many Thanks for your help

Andy Harcup

"If you discovered how one wheel in the 'clock' turns — you may speculate how
the rest move, but you . . . better leave alone the question of who wound up
the spring"