Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Sniffing local Cisco VPN client packets(Problems)

Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:33:30 -1000
I am using Cisco VPN Client 4.6 to connect to my remote network using
IPsec.  I was trying to sniff my network interface over which the tunnel
sends and receives traffic but I receive no entries in ethereal for that
interface.  Is my VPN using protocols that ethereal does not understand
so it does not list the traffic?  I thought the traffic would be
tunneled through IP protocols 50 and 51 which I thought ethereal
supports.  If anyone has an explanation for this I would be really
interested to know why.  Thanks

Darren Salomons