Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Anybody know where to download MS VC 6 compiler?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:03:06 +0200

Kenneth Haagner <ken.haagner@xxxxxxxxx>, Ethereal user support <ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 21.07.05 16:43:27:

> Hi,
> Anybody know where to download MS VC 6 compiler?
>
> Want to compile sources and have searched high and low for such
> compiler (believe that it's no longer supported)

Well, you have to buy Microsoft Visual C++ (part of Microsoft Visual Studio) or however it's currently called.

I don't know, if you can still buy Version 6 somewhere, as the Version 7 (Visual Studio .net) is the current version. Unfortunately, version 7 has some problems while compiling Ethereal and is therefore not recommended.

See http://wiki.ethereal.com/Development

Regards, ULFL