Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Ethereal-usersSNMP Capture Data inquiry

From: Wes Hardaker <wjhns36@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:41:54 -0700
>>>>> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:04:56 +0900, Jose Vicente Quinto <joe.v.r.quinto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Jose> I have an SNMP GET-Request PDU here with two Object IDs, the start of
Jose> the SNMP packet is at row '0020' from the sequence '30 43 02 ...' up to
Jose> the end ('... 08 01 05 00').

FYI, (everyone has answered the BER breakdown already so I won't
repeat it), but you might be interested to know that the net-snmp
utilities have a screen-decoded breakdown when you pass -Ddump to the
tools.  If you're using net-snmp's snmpget to generate the GET try
running with -Ddump as well as your other normal arguments.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.