Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Why text2pcap only import first 20 bytes ?

From: "Jean-Pierre Denis" <jp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:50:00 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

 I am trying to bring in ethereal raw hex dump packets that were
 dump in a txt file. I am using text2pcap to import the packets in ethereal

 I setup my file like the text2pcap docs is saying

 0000000 45 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ...

 and then use # text2pcap -l 101 traffic.txt traffic_out.txt.

 Why is text2pcap only import 20 bytes of the 70 that are in my packet ?

 Is there a way to convert the whole packet, not only the 20 bytes ip
 header, from txt to pcap?

Merci,
JP

 WebMail Powered by WebGlobe.