Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Capture packets from other port of Dell SW3324-need help

From: "Craig Wicker" <CWicker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:44:27 -0400
I have a Dell 3024 switch, so I hope the answer isn't going to be that much off target.
When I log onto the switch, one of the choices I have at the main menu is 'Port Mirroring'.
When I select that menu, I am asked  to enter the 'source port' and the 'monitor port'.
I believe for your answer the 'source port' would be to identify port 5 and the monitor port is 11.
Mirroring is a toggle on/off choice using the spacebar when that choice is selected.
Hope this works for your model of switch also.

Craig Wicker
Systems Administrator
p:276.638.3020
440 E. Commonwealth Blvd