Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Question: How to view XML conveniencely?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 00:57:57 -0700
X F wrote:

I am using ethereal to capture Wireless Village message. WV client use HTTP POST method to communicate with the server. I can see the XML in Data field of HTTP package, but don't know how to extract it and read it conveniencely. The only way I know is high light the xml data and right click on it and "export selected packages".

What version of Ethereal are you using, and what is the Content-Type header in the entity-header in the POST request?

Recent versions of Ethereal have an XML dissector that will at least indent the XML text to show nesting and split the text into lines; I don't know whether that's convenient enough for you. If the Content-Type is registered in Ethereal as one to be dissected as XML, the body of the POST methods in question should be displayed using the XML dissector.