Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Dissector bug - protocol WSP

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 20:14:32 +0200
M�rz, Frank wrote:

> Hello Ethereal Experts,
>
> I am using ethereal on GTP and WSP traces. When I run tethereal I get
> thousands of error message on my terminal. Does anybody know what I am
> doing wrong, or is this a bug in ethereal.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Frank
>

> ** WARNING **: Dissector bug, protocol WSP, in packet 2189827:
> proto.c:1487: failed assertion "hfinfo->type == FT_STRING ||
> hfinfo->type == FT_STRINGZ"
>
> ** WARNING **: Dissector bug, protocol WSP, in packet 2191130:
> proto.c:1487: failed assertion "hfinfo->type == FT_STRING ||
> hfinfo->type == FT_STRINGZ"
>
> ** WARNING **: Dissector bug, protocol MMSE, in packet 2191438:
> proto.c:1487: failed assertion "hfinfo->type == FT_STRING ||
> hfinfo->type == FT_STRINGZ"
>
> ** WARNING **: Dissector bug, protocol WSP, in packet 2192290:
> proto.c:1487: failed assertion "hfinfo->type == FT_STRING ||
> hfinfo->type == FT_STRINGZ"

No, that seems to be bugs in Ethereal (however, there's currently an
ongoing effort to remove those bugs, so the latest devel version might
already solved this :-)

You might file a bug report in bugzilla: http://bugs.ethereal.com or at
least send some (small) capture files to this list with a bug report.

Regards, ULFL