Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Use of Ethereal to detect bad network cards

From: Brian Howard <bhoward@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:36:13 -0400
Does anyone know if Ethereal can be used to detect bad nic cards. Can WinPcap detect and show a bad network card on a machine in the network cabling system. Can Ethereal be used to show traffic from a chattering or jabbering network card. If so, how to set that up to detect for that behavior.

Brian J. Howard, MCSE,CNE,CCNA,CCA
Network Performance Inc.
85 Green Mountain Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403