Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] G.729

From: Sejal Shah <sej_kapoor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:57:33 -0700 (PDT)
You can't put the payload of g.729 rtp directly into the decoder to get audio. This is more
involved. Following is how it works.

You have real audio. This goes through the G729 encoder. Output of the encoder is a bit stream. This is packed in a particular fashion as per RFC 3551. This is what you see on the payload of g.729 rtp. Now what you need to do is unpack this rtp as per RFC3551 and then feed it to the G.729 decoder. You should then have audio.

Rami AlHasan <Rami.AlHasan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Then how to deal with it to get a real voice. I am putting the payload of g.729 rtp into the decoder but the output PCM data is not recognizable. Should I make any thing over the RTP payload before passing it to the decoder?
Regards