Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal Decoding Bug (MTP3)

From: Andreas Fink <afink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:21:40 +0200
Hello,

I'm decoding a M2PA/MTP3 link.
While doing so I discovered a small bug in MTP3.
The preferences allow the display of the number to be set to various formats like 3-8-3 or 4-3-4-3.
This works great for MTP3 routing labels.
However I see a MTP3 Management packet called TPA
H0="Transfer prohibited-allowed-restricted messages (0x04)
H1="Transfer-prohibited signal 0x01"

This packet contains a field called "Affected Pointcode (ITU)". This field is not being printed in the format set by the preferences but just as decimal number which is very annoying. I was trying to fix this but I always run into a failed assertion hfinfo->type == FT_STRING || hfinfo->type == FT_STRINGZ. Anyone has a quick patch for this? Should be pretty straightforward if you know the code well I guess.

Ethereal 0.10.11 under MacOS X 10.4.

Andreas Fink
Global Networks Schweiz AG

Tel: +41-61-6666330  Fax: +41-61-6666334   Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Global Networks Schweiz AG. Clarastrasse 3, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Web: http://www.global-networks.ch/      afink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICQ: 101946485 MSN: msn1@xxxxxx AIM: smsrelay Skype: andreasfink
Yahoo: finkconsulting SMS: +41792457333
PGP9: 0714 DF2B A189 A760 6201  5CBD D040 3E71 4DAF 68BB