Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Can't capture packets

From: Andrew Lee <xyzalee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 09:27:52 +1000
Hello

When I attempt to capture packets, Ethereal aborts with the following error:

** ERROR **: file capture.c: line 89 (capture_start): assertion failed: (capture_opts->state == CAPTURE_STOPPED)
aborting...
Abort trap

I am running Mac OS X 10.3.9 with all the current updates from Apple.
I am using Ethereal 0.10.11-11 installed using Fink.
I am using the version of Fink that is included in the Mac OS X 0.7.1 Installer package.

Andrew