Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] VOIP detection

From: "Francisco Alcoba (TS/EEM)" <francisco.alcoba@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 20:48:25 +0200
Hi,

The RT31P2 is a POTS terminal adaptor. This means that you probably have a conventional non-IP
phone connected to it, and it translates analogue signalling to VoIP and sends it to Vonage, right?

If so, there will only be VoIP from the RT31P2 to the Vonage system which, as far as I understand, is
in the Internet, or whatever network that connects you to Vonage. There is no reason for it to be in
your internal network, where you probably have the Ethereal box. You would need to sniff on the ADSL
line, which is not possible without specialized equipment.

Regards,
 Francisco