Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] etheral 0.10.11 on Solaris 10

Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:52:52 -0400

I am attempting to compile and install ethereal 0.10.11 on Solaris 10 into /opt.  Due to system setup I cannot use binaries that install in /usr/local.

I have successfully built ethereal on Solaris 9 many times in the past and am having difficulties with Solaris 10.

The error I get during the make process is:

gcc: language arch=v9 not recognized

ld: fatal: file ./rdps.c: unknown file type

ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to rdps

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

gmake: *** [rdps] Error 1

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

This email message and any attachment(s) are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure.

intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply email and destroy the original
message and any copies of the message as well as any attachment(s) to the original
message.