Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal & Win98SE

From: "Claude Chauveau" <cjc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 01:53:34 -0700
Hi all,

I installed Ethereal V 0.10.10 and WinPCap 3.0 on a Windows 98SE machine
with a standard 3COM 100/10 NIC, which I regularly use to run SnifferPro
V3.0.  It appears that Ethereal/WinPCap is not able to force the NIC into
promiscuous mode when capturing, as I only see ARP's and broadcast messages.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of issue when using a Win98SE machine,
and if so, does anyone know the fix for this?

Thanks much!

Claude Chauveau
cjc@xxxxxxxxxxx