Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Intepreting MAC time stamps in Prism monitoring headers.

From: "Mahesh Krishnan" <mkrish1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:38:23 -0500
Hi,

I am trying to figure out what the various time stamps in ethereal. I am
curious about the "MAC time" and "Host time" in the Prism monitoring logs.

I read somewhere on the internet that the MAC time is the time when the packet
was seen by the network card. If that is true, How do I interpret the value
that is printed in Hex.

Is it the time that is recorded in Hex format ? If yes, How do I get the time
out of this hex value ?

Thanks in advance,

Mahesh.