Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Ethereal-users Digest, Vol 23, Issue 33

From: "Matthew Hinton" <mhinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:44:14 -0600

> Is there anyway (on Windows anyway) to identify which process sent the
> UDP packet?

Foundstone (http://www.foundstone.com ) has a free tool called Fport which
may help you.  Quote:
"fport reports all open TCP/IP and UDP ports and maps them to the owning
application. This is the same information you would see using the
'netstat -an' command, but it also maps those ports to running processes
with the PID, process name and path. Fport can be used to quickly identify
unknown open ports and their associated applications."
Direct download link:
http://www.foundstone.com/index.htm?subnav=resources/navigation.htm&subcontent=/resources/freetools.htm

HTH,
Matthew