Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ring buffer option to text files?

From: Adam Ripka <aripka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:29:38 -0500
Hi all,

This is my last question for at least a week, I promise. Thanks for the previous feedback Guy Harris and Ronnie Sahlberg.

Here's my question, I'm trying to wrap my head around the ring buffer option in tethereal and I think I got it. But, can you configure tethereal to do something similar when writing text output with the -T option? i.e. Can you run tethereal and have it run continuously for 1 hour and create several text files of a specified size or with a specified number of packets in each text file?
If so how do you specify the text file names?

If this is possible this will be absolutely ideal for what I am trying to do.

Thanks for all the help once again. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

-Adam