Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] UDP to 224.0.0.103

From: Scott Lowrey <slowrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:07:15 -0500
Google for that address (use quotes).  You'll find it's used by the Multi Directory Access Protocol (MDAP).  Something wants to talk to a directory server.  Now google for MDAP Microsoft, since their software tends to be overly chatty and in constant need of the Mother Ship. :)

Is Outlook running?

Roger Almstedt wrote:
Hi,

Just started to use Ethereal and discovered right away that my computer is sending all the time (2 times per second) an UDP package to IP adress:
224.0.0.103 sourceport 3009 or 1027, destinationport 3235.
That cant be normal, maybe this is not at question for this list, but I would appreciate if anyone can help me with an answer.

Best Regards
Roger